These are some of our current and past “open to all” Workshops and Training Events.
We are faculty at Department of Architecture, School of Planning and Archtecture, New Delhi and Susahant School of Art and Architecture, Ansal University, Gurgaon.
We are Trainers at ECBC Training Programs for the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in New Delhi and in Kerala.
We have done over 30, three-day training and certification programs for architects and engineers on sustainable habitats and GRIHA rating under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) Solar Buildings Program, over 50, two-day training programs also under the MNRE, and over 200, one-day training programs on ECBC (Energy Conservation Building Code) and GRIHA.
BOOKS AND BOOKLETS
- Singhal, A.K., Nigam, D., Majumdar, M., Mahore, S., Shah P., Radhakrishnan, T., Basu, T., Singh, A., Alam, M. and Shorey, G., 2009. Information Booklets on energy efficient existing buildings and new buildings for house owners and builders.Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE, GoI).
- Shorey, G., 2009. An Exploration of Sustainability in the Provision of basic urban services in Indian Cities. Sustainable Urbanism International &Aroghyam. TERI press,Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE, GoI).
- Shorey, G., 2007.Research report on Building energy efficiency scenario in India, including detailed analysis of the building industry and the energy sector.Building Energy Efficiency, pp. 174-184. Asia Business Council.
- Vij, A., Zia, H., Majumdar, M., Shukla, P., Kumar, P., Kochhar P., Chauhan R., Poddar R.P., Rajkumar, S., Singh S., Garg T. and Shorey, G., 2010. Set of five manuals on GRIHA for evaluators and trainers. TERI press, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE, GoI).
JOURNAL ARTICLES AND CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Jain, N., Ramallo-González, A. P. &Natarajan, S., 2014.Understanding the effect of aggressive energy efficiency regulation on an unprepared building sector using uncertainty analysis.Ahemdabad, India, 30th International PLEA (Passive and Low Energy Architecture) Conference.
- Jain, N. & Shorey, G., 2015.Achieving thermal comfort by using ceiling fans in a naturally cooled building in hot and humid climate of India. Hyderabad, BS15 – 14th International Conference of the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA).
- Nix, E., Das, P., Jain, N. Davies, M., 2016.Strategies for Reducing Poor Indoor Air Quality and Adverse Temperature Exposure in Delhi’s Households: A Multi-objective Assessment. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology (BSERT)
- Jain, N. & Shorey, G., 2014. Integrated Design Process &Sustainability. Architecture Update, September, pp. 54-55. Mumbai: Economic Research India Limited.
- Jain, N., 2014. Sustainable transportation systems. Architecture Update, January, pp. 58-59. Mumbai: Economic Research India Limited
- Jain, N., 2012. Waste water management. Architecture Update, September, pp. 70-71. Mumbai: Economic Research India Limited